Saturday, December 31, 2016

ITS A NEW YEAR YES, BUT ITS STILL ANOTHER COMMON DAY LIKE ANY OTHER ...

Moving over into a new year doesn't magically transform you into a new person, but it sure does feel like a second chance to get things right.

I count this first day  of the year as one of the most important, because it gives us a chance to reflect.

To look back and see the mistakes made in the last year, not to beat ourselves about them, but to learn from them.

To see the victories attained, not to gloat over them, but to see how to attain greater victories in the coming year.

To see the joys, the tears, and to thank God for all of them because nothing we go through is ever wasted in God's eyes. He has a plan to work all things for our good.

We need to look back and ask whether what we lived for in the past year was worth living for. Will it matter in the end? Will it really matter?

To write down on paper, and in our hearts what we wish to live for in the new year and make it our reference, read it every morning so our minds won't forget what we've resolved in our hearts.

To ask ourselves whether there are any people we've carried in our hearts for things they did or didn't do. To forgive them truly just as God forgives us daily.

Most importantly, to search our hearts, just as David prayed in Psalm 139, "Search me, O God, and know my heart. Test me and see my anxious thoughts. See if there's any offensive way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."

To ask, I'm I really walking with God? Away from the crowd, away from ministry, am I truly walking with God? To seek His face and just as Moses prayed, "I'm not going anywhere until Your presence goes with me."

May the Lord grant us His peace as we start 2017. God bless you and happy new year!

Pst Steve Omodecx

No comments:

Post a Comment